Monday, April 24, 2006

Yay Scott!

http://scottfreeman.info/2006/04/14/gods-green-earth-local-pastor-takes-environmental-focus/

I love it that I know cool people. It makes me feel cool. Vicariously. But then some of the best things in life are vicarious (atonement? space travel? what's on your list?).

Do take the time to read this all-too-short (in my opinion) article and think about the implications of what Scott says in it. Not only is it clear that being responsible for our communal environment is a matter of sincerely loving people, but there's a statement--and I wish the reporter had followed up properly--that it's part of the church's call to care for the poor as well.

Perhaps the BBC will finish the job in impeccable British fashion? In any case, Happy Belated Earth Day, everyone.

No comments: